2017 All Wrapped Up
There has been a lot happen in 2017, and although it feels like it has flown, we have all done a lot and achieved a lot.
There has also been some legislation changes, which we highlighted in blog posts:
- new ademption laws
- new intestacy laws
- impacts of intestacy laws on new relationships after separation
- the benefits for first home owners changed
- there were lots of stamp duty changes
- lots of changes to superannuation, particularly impacting SMSFs
TBA Law is proud to have won awards this year, and been runner up for a couple too:
- NAB Professional Services Awards – winner
- ACQ5 Global Awards – winner
- Australasian Law Awards – finalist
- APAC Insider Legal Awards – winner
- Finance Monthly Law Awards – winner
- Victorian Legal Awards – finalist regional practitioner
Jacqui wrote her third legal book.
We did more video this year than ever before:
- Regina agreed to be in a video about conveyancing
- Jacqui did more videos on Wills and the estate planning process
- As well as a video on superannuation death benefits
- And other videos on YouTube
Finally, and not at all lease, we also added a couple of new staff members to our team – Rochelle, Lajita, and Helen (who is so new she doesn’t have a webpage yet). And an office space in Seymour at 52 Station Street.
That’s a big year … but more to come in 2018! Looking forward to serving you next year.